I was reading an article in the Parenting magazine the other day that encouraged a fun Q&A with your child just to see how you are viewed in their eyes. As I read some of the answers I found it adorable and fun. Before we started, I let Eva know there is no wrong or right answers and that this is just a fun activity for us to do together.
Here is how our Q&A went…
1. What is something mommy always says to you? I love you pudding pop. Wait, you say no alot too mommy
2. What makes mommy happy? When I listen
3. What makes mommy sad? When I don’t listen alot
4. If mommy was a cartoon character, who would she be? Owlette (she’s a superhero from PJ Masks)
5. What is mommy really good at? Reading me stories
6. What is mommy not really good at? Letting me watch videos (she chuckles) and then ask “are we done yet?”
7. What does mommy do for a job? Take care of me and take me to school
8. What makes you proud of mommy? You give me snacks
9. What do you and mommy do together the most? Hug each other all the time, right mommy? Yes baby (we hugged lol)
10. How are you and mommy the same? we love mac and cheese soooo much. Mommy is it lunchtime yet?
11. What do you and mommy do together? We go to photo shoots then eat pizza after. We go to the park, eat ice cream, take the bus and train and another bus and then we home again. (Exactly what we did last weekend) ?
12. How do you know mommy loves you? Because you always tell me to eat breakfast in the morning and have a good day.
13. If mommy won a million dollars what would she do with it? Take me to Target and the candy store. Then give me the world.
14. What is mommy’s favorite thing to do? Take naps
15. What is the most important thing mommy has taught you? How to take a bath, brush my teeth and wipe front to back.
16. If you could give mommy anything, what would it be? Energy
17. How old is mommy? 16 (I get that alot lol)
18. What do you love most about mommy? She makes me happy
Her responses brought such a huge smile to my face. This was a great way to see how she views me as her mom and our relationship. #2 made me laugh, #7, #8 and #18 warmed my heart. #14 Omg she knows mommy so well. I am faithful to my naps since birth lol ask anybody that knows me. #15 ????? #16 giving me energy…she knows what momma needs lol. This exercise reaffirms the importance of having good communication with your kids. Eva is only 4 and this proves she really pays attention to what I say and more importantly what I do. #13 blew me away! My hope is that I continue doing a good job in setting a foundation for our future together. Eva is my WORLD and if she’s not happy, I’m not doing a very good job as being her mom. These answers tell it all….
I would love to hear about your child(s) answers. Post in comments if you decide to do this exercise.